Candidate Questions and Answers

On July 26th, we hosted a virtual information session to answer some of your questions about required documentation, immigration, registration, settlement, and more. Here are some of the highlights:

When will I know if I’m eligible to move to Manitoba? How long do we have to prepare for travel?

Timeline is highly dependent and individualized for each candidate, based on how prepared your application is. We want to welcome you to Manitoba as soon as possible, so we are working to make this a quick and smooth process, but a big part of that is how prepared you are to submit your documents. 

Once you have submitted all required documentation and have been notified of your clearance to travel to Manitoba, we ask all candidates to travel within 30 days.

What happens if I do not pass my IELTS or CELBAN? Is there flexibility to lower the required score to continue my application?

If you do not meet the minimum required grade, we are happy to pay for you to write the test a second time. We also have a prep course available, at no cost to you, to help you prepare to write the test. Please connect with your staffing agency to discuss your options.

Unfortunately, we are unable to move forward with the application if your scores do not meet the minimum requirements.

Can family members come with me to Manitoba?

Yes. The Government of Canada determines who is an eligible dependent to be included in your application. This includes:

  • Spouse or common-law partner (have cohabitated for more than one year)
  • Dependent children under the age of 22 and unmarried

We are paying for the flight of the individual candidate, as well as immigration and eventual PR for the candidate, spouse, and one dependent. The cost for any additional dependents is to be covered by you.

It is also possible for you to arrive first and have your dependents to follow after. Whether you arrive alone or with your dependents, we will be here to support you!

How do I pay for the National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS)?

NNAS assessment is only required for applicants in the IEN/SIEN stream. After completing the IELTS or CELBAN, your staffing agency will cover the financial cost of registering for the NNAS.

When can I complete my Clinical Competence Assessment (CCA)? Do I still need to complete the CCA if I passed the NCLEX-RN (US) exam?

To be eligible, you need to have met the minimum requirements for IELTS or CELBAN and to have applied to NNAS and CRNM or CLPNM, depending on your pathway.

We are currently working to offer the CCA in a virtual format starting in October. Once you have completed the above requirements, we will reach out as soon as we are able to schedule you. 

If you have completed the NCLEX-RN (US), you are still required to complete the CCA. NCLEX demonstrates excellent knowledge of nursing required for licensing, however, the CCA will help assess the competencies required as an entry-level nurse in Manitoba as required by the CRNM. The CCA will help determine any required gap training to help ensure a safe and smooth transition into our health care system. 

Do I need to write the NCLEX-RN (US) exam before I arrive in Manitoba?

No, the NCLEX-RN (US) exam can be written after arrival in Manitoba.

Still have questions? Please do not hesitate to reach out to your local recruitment agency contact in the Philippines or to us at [email protected].

Skip to content