Immigration Information

All health professionals wanting to work in Manitoba must be registered or licensed by the Manitoba Professional Regulatory Bodies responsible for their profession.

To work in Canada you require a work permit or permanent residence status. Please check the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website for further information.

Pathways to work and relocate to Manitoba

Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program

The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) is a pathway to permanent residency. The MPNP is responsible for the selection of internationally trained and experienced workers, who demonstrate their ability to contribute to Manitoba’s labour market and become economically established in the province.

All applicants to the MPNP applying to the Skilled Worker Overseas pathway must demonstrate an established connection to Manitoba either through the support of family members or friends, through previous education or work experience in the province, or through an Invitation to Apply received directly from the MPNP as part of a Strategic Recruitment Initiative. You can find more information about the different MPNP pathways here.

Temporary Foreign Workers

A temporary work permit allows you to work in Canada for a specific employer and for a specified time period. Before you can apply for a work permit, your intended employer must obtain permission from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) by going through the Labour Market Impact Assessment process. Further information on the temporary foreign worker program can be found on their website.

Federal Skilled Worker Status – Express Entry

Federal Skilled Workers (FSW) is a program for skilled workers with foreign work experience who want to immigrate to Canada permanently. Eligibility is based on your ability to demonstrate your intention to settle in Canada and contribute to our economy. Information regarding eligibility to this pathway can be found on IRCC’s webpage.

Skip to content