Audiologists are the primary providers of hearing healthcare. In addition to testing hearing, audiologists work with a wide range of individuals in rehabilitation as well as in a research capacity. They provide counselling to families who have just received a new diagnosis of hearing loss in infants, and help teach coping skills to late-deafened adults. They also help design and implement personal and industrial hearing safety programs, newborn hearing screening programs, school hearing screening programs, and provide hearing protection devices to help prevent hearing loss. For career opportunities please visit the Regional Health Authorities:

Associations and Licensing

In Manitoba, the Manitoba Speech and Hearing Association’s (MSHA) mission is to ensure high quality audiology services by its members to individuals with communication disorders and their families.

The College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Manitoba is the regulatory body for audiologists in Manitoba. All audiologists who wish to practice in Manitoba must be registered with the College and hold a valid Certificate of Practice.

For more information please visit the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Manitoba.


In Manitoba, a master’s degree is required to practice in audiology. There is currently no training program offered in Manitoba; graduates come from other jurisdictions, and most come from the University of North Dakota.

There are nine graduate level training programs offered in communication sciences and disorders across Canada, five of which offer audiology training programs.

Please check the MSHA and the University of Manitoba websites for further information

Skip to content