To recruit nurses to work in a recognized bilingual/ francophone facility or program, the NRRF supports the allocation of funding to eligible Registered Nurses (RN), Registered Nurses Extended Practice (RN(EP), Registered Psychiatric Nurses (RPN), and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) for a return of service commitment.
The eligibility criteria for the Bilingual/French Nursing Grant are as follows:
- Bilingual/Francophone Nurses (RN(EP)s, RNs, RPNs, or LPNs) with an active practice license. Graduate Nurses are eligible and must provide approval from the respective regulatory college to practice as a Graduate Nurse.
- Bilingual/Francophone Nurses must be newly hired to a position where bilingualism/French language is a requirement and have not been employed in any such position in the 6 months prior to the grant application.
- Confirmed employment as a direct caregiver by an approved employer in a permanent or term position for a duration of at least one year and 0.6 EFT or higher.
- Acceptance of and compliance with the conditions of a return of service commitment of 12 months.
- The Bilingual/French Requirement Nursing Position Grant, which begins April 1, 2012, can be received in conjunction with other financial assistance from the Fund, such as Conditional Grant, Personal Care Home Grant, and Relocation Assistance. However, the return-of-service for any combination will be consecutive.
•Bilingual/French Nursing Grant Policy
•Bilingual/French Nursing Grant Application Form
•Employer Verification of Incomplete Service agreement for terminated employees
Recipients meeting the eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply for a grant in the amount of $2000.00. For further information, please contact the Nurses Recruitment and Retention Fund Line.
The Nurses Recruitment and Retention Fund Committee is made up of representatives of the Regional Health Authorities, the Manitoba Nurses’ Union, the Manitoba Government Employees Union, and Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living.